Thursday, August 4, 2011

Value of consistent prayer

The value of consistent prayer is not that God will hear us, but that we will hear God.
Wow - that's a very profound statement. It is true, when we really pray for something and are consistent about it, we hear God. He is there in the midst of our prayers and He is in our hearts and minds and souls as we seek Him, as we make requests of Him.
I can honestly say for myself that prayer brings me closer to God. All my thoughts and energy are poured into my prayers - that's the time I hear the Lord speaking to me. That's the time (when I honestly drive out all other thoughts and center only on my praying to God) that I feel His mighty presence in my life and I know that he hears me. Thats the time when a quiet whisper assures me that things will be allright. That's the time that serenity and peace flow through my body to quiet the fears and stresses of my life. That's the time that I feel an overwhelming love of mercy and grace come down upon me.
Prayer has to be the most important part of my day. Not to say that I am consistent in this - sometimes I allow the world to interfere and put prayer aside until I am in such a mess I have to stop and make time for prayer.
Never have I prayed like I have this past year. These prayers have brought me so close to the Lord. I feel His presence when I bow my head. I feel His presence when I lift my arms to heaven, praising Him for the blessings I have received. Prayer is my lifeline to God. Prayer is my salvation. Prayer is my communication to God. Prayer brings me hope for a brighter tomorrow. Prayer is peace and love and goodness and mercy. Prayer is beautiful and powerful. I am so glad that the Lord takes the time to stop and listen to my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment