Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feeling down

From Sandy -
It is Wednesday morning and to be honest, I am feeling depressed. I somehow feel as if I am carrying a ton on my back. This is my fault - I have allowed myself to get to this place. I remain close to the Lord but I am weary. I see Ron every day and he is so far in depression himself, that he is not happy to see me. He doesn't want to hear my words of encouragement and when I ask him if he is moving his arms or legs for exercise, he gets very upset with me.

Also, I worry about our bills. So many expenses I did not count on. $800 for a pool filter was one of them. We don't use our pool, but what can we do - it would cost a great deal to have it removed and filled in, so I have to keep it clean. Extra expenses for tree trimming - I had to have this done because we have date palms that cover the horse trail and it could be dangerous to anyone having to avoid the leaves as they go down the trail.

I am a "sorry" person right now. However, I know what I can do to lift myself up. I can go to the Lord in prayer and recognize all the many blessings He has provided over the past 18 months. I can thank Him for always being with me. He is my strength and my fortress - as long as I trust the Lord and commit my way unto Him - there will be deliverance from all of these trials.

I have to spend more time with the Lord. He is the only one that can help me right now. I have been so involved in worrying and fretting, that I haven't spent enough time with God. My goal is to do just that - take time out and spend it praising God for what I do have. Commiting unto Him my fears and anxiety. I know this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment