Thursday, September 15, 2011

Surrender at the feet of Jesus

From Sandy -
Surrender at the feet of Jesus. I came upon these words this morning as I was reading a daily devotional. How I identify with these precious and beautiful words. I have surrendered and still surrender on a daily basis at the feet of Jesus. I bow down before him and see the hem of his robe as I reach out and touch it for strength, for healing, for love, and amazing grace. As I perform this act, I feel a tremendous love overflow me to the point that I actually get goosebumps and yet an overpowering feeling of warmth and love. How magnificent is our Lord, filled with grace and truth - what a privilege to carry everything to Him in prayer.
This surrendering at the feet of Jesus came to me as I read in the Bible about the woman who had a constant flow of blood. She was in the crowd when Jesus was preaching and made her way to him. Once she was at his feet, she reached out and touched the hem of his robe. Immediately the flow of blood stopped. Jesus said "Somebody has touched me for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me". When the woman saw that she was not hid, she came forth trembling and falling down before him. She declared unto him before the crowd for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. And he said unto her "Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace" .
There is such peace in surrendering. Sometimes I picture myself as a hampster running in a wheel that takes me no where yet is such a struggle just to keep going thinking I can get it done, I can fix it, I can make things better. Such a waste of time and accomplishing nothing is what happens. When I surrender everything to the Lord - that's the time he can act. Yet, how many times have I surrendered only to take everything back because I thought the Lord was taking too long. This lesson I am learning is a life long lesson. Sometimes it's so hard to surrender even when we know that we should.
Every time I have surrendered Ron and his illnesses, (I mean truly surrendered) the Lord has healed Ron in some way. When I was facing my surgery, I finally came to faith by surrendering my body to the one who created it - and I was made whole and found the peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment