Wednesday, September 7, 2011

God is our refuge and strength

From Sandy -
I still have many burdens that with the help of God are not quite as heavy to carry as they would be without Him. My daughter Lisa is still stressing and depressed about "life" in general and is not able to handle anything right now. My husband Ron is getting better, but I was told yesterday that he is not doing certain exercises nor cooperating in some ways. His nurse told me he was lazy. The speech therapist told me he cannot swallow and may never eat again. I told some of this to Ron and he asked me why I didn't just let him die nine months ago. Bills are mounting up here at home and I am trying to juggle money wherever I can to keep bills paid and to save a little for emergencies and Christmas - that is less than four months away.
These are burdens that I have to carry and with the help of the Lord I can carry them.
Psalm 46:1 says "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble". I know this is true. Right now at this time in my life there is no earthly being that can help me. God is the only one I lean on and reveal my trials to. He alone is my pillar of strength. Family members cannot help and friends are also going through tough times, so leaning on the Lord is what I am doing.
The only time I feel peace is when I spend it with God. He can calm my fears and give me the strength to face each new trial. I have been in worse trials than these, but the weariness of facing each trial on a daily basis gets to me. Jeremiah 31:25 says" I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint". This is a passage that gives me hope and grace. God will make good on His word.
My prayer for today is - "Heavenly Father, please refresh my spirit and my body. Help me to find blessings in the abundance you have already so graciously shared with me. To you belongs all glory, honor and power. I submit myself in faith waiting for the rest, peace, refreshing, refuge and strength that you have promised".
In the Name of Jesus I pray these things - A-Men

No comments:

Post a Comment