Monday, September 12, 2011

The Lord refreshes the weary

From Sandy -
In Jeremiah 31:25 the Lord tells us "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint".
Right now that promise is what I'm hanging on to. The days of running this race sometimes become very dreary and monotonous. I am not complaining, just stating how I feel Sometimes the Lord leads us to places we would not choose to be in so we can grow. I read something today that made so much sense. If we had everything we wanted and lacked for nothing - we would not grow in strength and faith. We would become weak and dependent and not develop into a real person of character. The storms and valleys of life are opportunities to grow in grace and strength.
Growing comes with growing pains. Guess that's what I have been going through. I would just love to get away and take a vacation. But that would not solve the problems I would leave behind. My task right now is to be here taking care of finances and being Ron's voice throughout his recovery. I work behind the scenes to make sure Ron is getting the best of care and making sure that he is exercising and doing what he can for himself so he can come home. I praise the Lord that Ron's recovery is steady and that he is doing better every day. This does take some of the stress away.
I know that the Lord does refresh the weary. I wait upon him for his promise of refreshing. This has been two years I shall never forget. The Lord has walked with me throughout my surgery and throughout Ron's surgery and all the setbacks that he has gone through. Refreshing is on its' way and God's blessings will be poured out upon us. I feel that they have already started.
Haleluliah - how I love my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment