Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm here!

For some time I have thought that the Lord wanted me to write a blog, but I didn't know what my purpose was, exactly. Today, I believe He gave me the reason...HOPE.

Hope in a time where so many things look so hopeless. I will begin to elaborate.

At the very beginning of the BP oil gusher (let's not call it a "spill"), I have had many sleepless nights worrying and praying. I have had horrible thoughts of what this could mean for our oceans, if it isn't stopped. I have had a horrible feeling of doom. Since, though, as I read through parts of Revelation, which I confess I don't understand, I just thought there might be something there. I did find things, but they were scary. They were even more scary because I don't know what they mean! Or for that matter, whether they pertain to the present.

One thing, though, as I read, I began to get a Peace in my heart. I realized, again, (as I so often forget) He is in Control! As I was reading online about the BP Gusher I stumbled upon this:








http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_1323.html

It is physical sign for me/us that He is in Control, and we have hope! (If I had not seen this on NASA, I would have thought that someone did it in Photoshop!) I saw it in a news article, its caption read that it appears that the hand is holding a fiery ball...hmmm...interesting!

The BP Gusher could be a beginning of the End Times, but if so, I should be rejoicing as I know our lives with Jesus and Our Heavenly Father will be far more wonderful than anything we could ever begin to imagine. Yes, I have found His Peace.

Of course, I must remember, I'm human. I will slip and fall back into worry and fear, but I know that when I remember to take them to Him, He will assuage them. Do I have other worries and fears? Of course, I'm a big worrier, but the oil gusher was the heaviest sense of fear I have had since 9/11. The world changed on 9/11. The sense of doom that I felt is what led me today while praying to stop and begin writing this blog. I hope and pray, that someone out there will find this blog a source of hope in the days ahead.

After setting up the blog, I felt the Lord led me to these verses to share:

Luke 2:30 "For my eyes have seen Thy salvation, (31) Which Thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples, (32) A LIGHT OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES, and the glory of Thy people Israel."

Wow! What perfect passages for this blog, its purpose, and times!

In His Name, Susan

3 comments:

  1. Susan, I am sooo glad you started a blog. It is a nice place to share your feelings and you did a great job. I will post about your post on my blog.
    I am so glad we "found" each other. Our friendship has brought me such joy! And...we get to finally meet this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laurie! You are my first commenter! Befitting isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes He is in control. In these crazy times we get fearful and lose sight of that. We may be in for a bumpy ride, but we know how it ends. I'm looking forward to seeing your blogs.

    L U, C.

    ReplyDelete