Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - Hope it's a better one

From Sandy -

Hope all of you have a blessed 2011. 2010 was not a good year for my husband and I. As Susan told you, my husband Ron had a major heart attack last week. He had open heart surgery and the surgeon was only able to repair two arteries. Two of his arteries are bad and cannot be fixed. He has been a heavy smoker since he was 16 years old and was one who would never go to the doctor for anything. He is in the Critical Care Unit of St. Bernadine's Hospital in San Bernardino, CA. They are giving him excellent care. So far he almost died the day after surgery. The surgeon had to go back in and insert a balloon pump to help the heart pump regularly. That worked very well and they have taken the balloon pump out. He is on a ventilator and they have had to sedate him because he fights the ventilator. Every time they try to back off the sedation, his blood pressure goes sky high. He has been in the hospital since December 23 - so the holidays this year will truly be unforgettable for my family and me. It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs since Ron's surgery. He now has pneumonia, however his white blood cell count is going down (that is what indicates infection) and his lungs are looking better. We are trying to be optimistic and I am praying with all that is within me that my husband recovers. He absolutely has to recover to know how he is loved - not only by his family but by the Lord.

My second surgery will have to be put off til Ron is recovered. So, I have to speak to my surgeon and see what his suggestion is. There cannot be two of us at home recuperating while there are dogs to feed, cats to feed, horses to care for and feed and a home to look after. I know the Good Lord will help us work this out, but right now everything is not too settled.

I am leaning "hard" on God to get us through this. I know that no earthly circumstance can hinder the fulfillment of God's Word. I look to his word and not to the uncertainty of this ever-changing world.

Faith is not believing God can, it is knowing that God will. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I have prayed and prayed and prayed for Ron. I know God has heard every word I have said. My main prayer is that my will and God's be as one. My will has not changed since the day Ron went in for surgery. I will Ron to survive and come home and feel the love that surrounds him. I have asked God to give me the right prayers and the right thoughts - and never has this prayer changed - I still pray that my will and God's will be as one - and I know that God will restore Ron to health. It will be a long road but I know that Ron has the will and fortitude to make it. I have prayed for him by his bedside and told Ron about the Lord. Ron has never gone to church with me since we were first married but I do know that he prays and he knows that God is real. I just want Ron to know that God loves him and accepts him just the way he is.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sandy,
    I'm in prayer for Ron and his full recovery. I pray for wisdom for his doctors and that he will respond to their treatments in positive ways. But mostly I pray that Ron will come to feel, know and respond to the touch of our GRAND Physician. I pray peace and His comforting arms around you. I pray physical strength and support comes your way.
    Please keep us updated.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Natalie - I appreciate all the prayers and I know that God has Ron in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete