Sunday, January 16, 2011

Being weary yet holding on to hope

From Sandy -

I would like to update everyone on Ron's status. He has lost lots of weight and he is very weak. He is on a breathing machine with a mask and they have taken him off of the respirator. His blood pressure goes up and down. He has had pneumonia but it is gone. His lungs were congested but better now. They had him sitting up in a chair for 5 hours today. When I and my family got there this afternoon he had the breathing mask on and was very very tired. It hurts to see him so weak and so thin. He can't talk to us with the mask on and today he didn't even try. He was way too tired. I think sitting in a chair exhausted him. He was being fed regular food but he was not getting enough nourishment so he is back on a feeding tube. It has been 23 days that he has been in Critical Care. It has been 23 days that I have not really been able to communicate with him. He can't even use his hand to write on a board to us. He is that weak!

My surgery was to take place on January 14 which has come and gone. I don't know when I will have my surgery. It all depends on Ron's recovery. I still feel that the Lord will bring Ron home so he can experience his family's love and the love of the Lord. I pray continuously for his recovery. I know that God holds Ron in the palm of His hand. I can't do anything at this point but pray. God's word tells me to have patience. God's word tells me this is all temporary. I will get through this and so will Ron. If anything this whole experience has helped me to know the love that I have for my husband. I love him so much and want only the best for him. It is so hard to see him in pain and illness - I would do anything to make him well again but it's not up to me. The Lord knows my prayers and He is answering them - but He is also teaching me faith and patience through the process. I am leaning hard on the Lord because my own strength is only weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment