Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given

From Sandy -

I have many reasons to contemplate the birth of Jesus Christ, His life, and His resurrection. Because it is Christmas time, I praise God for His Holy Son. It is Jesus who has been with me through a very tough year. It has been Jesus by my side giving me love and peace and joy throughout the fear and unknown that I have faced. He has surrounded me with His loving care and given me back my life. He has brought the world to my attention and I look at things differently. Jesus is God's Love. Jesus is our Savior. Jesus is the Great Physician and has proven it in so many ways during my time of health crisis. Jesus wants to reach out through me and love others. Jesus is unconditional love and life everlasting.

A beautiful prayer of St. Symeon the New Theologian, 949-1022 AD has put into words all the magnificent things that Jesus is -

Come, true light.
Come, life eternal.
Come, hidden mystery.
Come, treasure without name.
Come, person beyond all understanding.
Come, rejoicing without end.
Come, light that knows no evening.
Come, unfailing expectation of the saved.
Come, raising the fallen.
Come, resurrection of the dead.
Come, all powerful, for unceasingly you create, refashion, and change all things by your will alone.
Come, invisible whom none may touch and handle.
Come, for you continue always unmoved, yet at every instant you are wholly in movement.
Come, for your name fills our hearts with longing and is ever on our lips.
Come, alone to the alone.
Come, for you are yourself the desire within me.
Come, my breath and my life.
Come, my joy, my glory, my endless delight.
Come, thou long expected Jesus.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment